Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Nursery Rhymes With a Twist

Flashback to 1980...where bizarre combinations were all the rage. Let me introduce you to the tiny booklet: My Jesus pocketbook of Nursery Rhymes.




This small treasure includes all kinds of adapted nursery rhymes, but I have just the two best to share with you. The first, Little Miss Muffet, is kind of sweet, really.

Little Miss Muffet
Sat on a tuffet
Eating her curds and whey.
She's afraid of a spider,
She needs Jesus inside her
To take all fear away.





Aww. Right? The next, however, is a little funnier.

Wee Willie Winkie
runs through the town,
Upstairs, downstairs
in his nightgown;
What does he see?
The children don't have
time for Jesus;
They're watching TV.





Ouch! Strong feelings, anyone?

(this great bit of church history generously brought to you via my friend Sarah. Thanks Sarah!)

2 comments:

  1. That's hilarious, like the New England primer.
    http://www.nd.edu/~rbarger/www7/neprimer.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very funny...and strange. But...I probably would have bought it had I known about it. Yet reading it now sounds corny.

    ReplyDelete

sitemeter