Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Double Chocolate Chip Cookies

Andrew and Melinda dug out the Mrs. Field's Cookie Book and (once permission was granted) made Double Chocolate Chip Cookies. They did it all themselves, from start to finish! I, wisely, stayed out of the room while this was going on (I'm too much of a control freak otherwise, and run myself completely out of energy). I only kept my ears wide open to recognize the sound of imminent disaster--of which there was none. They set the oven temperature themselves, made the batter, put trays in and took them out. There was a bit of mess, of course, but nothing too horrendous. I found out later that they had some minor mishaps (the butter was melted instead of softened, and they added the brown sugar to the flour mixture instead of the butter) but employed their problem-solving skills quite efficiently. Good job kiddos!

No comments:

Post a Comment

sitemeter