Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Mother's Day

I got many wonderful gifts on Mother's Day.

-I got to sleep in.
-My father-in-law cooked breakfast for our family.
-I got a beautiful bunch of tulips and one yellow rose (I love tulips).
-I got cards, handmade and lovingly chosen.
-I got jewelry made especially for me by my eldest daughter.
-I got a drawing of a swan and a plastic beaded heart from both of my girls.
-I got a hug from my almost 13 year-old son (and everyone else too, but this was special!)
-I got a garden!

I love gardening, and haven't done much in the last 6 years. It's not so easy to garden in Tahoe. It's a fierce struggle, actually. Long Beach has to be one of the easiest places in California to garden. We have herbs, tomatoes, peppers, cucumber, zucchini, pumpkin, a grape vine, and a lemon tree. I love it! Here's some pictures:

No comments:

Post a Comment

sitemeter