Monday, May 11, 2009

Steve Martin's Big Bad Banjo

Tonight we get to go see some bluegrass performed live. It should be a funny night, too, since Steve Martin is the guest of honor, along with Dave Barry. And not only that, but it'll be just Chris and I going. Chris got some sort of special tickets too...not your average night! Apparently, though I wasn't previously aware, Steve Martin has won a Grammy for his Bluegrass skills (he played banjo with Earl Skruggs' remake of "Foggy Mountain Breakdown"), and has recently released an album, The Crow. I'm not hugely knowledgeable about bluegrass, but there is definitely some I enjoy. Some of my favorites are Nickel Creek (Chris Thile/Punch Brothers) and Alison Krauss. I also love Gillian Welch, though she's more folk than bluegrass.

2 comments:

  1. color me envious!!!

    Dave Barry AND Steve Martin. coool

    ReplyDelete
  2. We had a great time! Fun AND Funny.

    ReplyDelete

sitemeter