Friday, May 28, 2010

Garden Update: Memorial Day Weekend

I love watching plants grow, and edibles are especially exciting--with the hope of getting to enjoy fresh produce day after day, who wouldn't want to go check on the little guys several times a day?

The corn is growing, steady and strong:

The zucchini, cucumber, cantaloupe, and tomatoes are flowering:




The quickly growing green beans and the slightly slower bell pepper are fruiting:


The radishes (and peas, carrots, arugula and green onions) have sprouted and the lettuce is still hanging in there (I'm really enjoying this New Red Fire variety):


I'm consistently harvesting lettuce and basil, which both seem to be growing well.  I had replanted many plants after reading the Square Foot Gardening book, in order to give them a bit more room to grow.  This is really the first year that I've done a full garden like this, and so far I'm having a lot of fun with it.  I love seeing the progression of the plants.

No comments:

Post a Comment

sitemeter