Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Middle School Preview

Chris and I toured a private Christian middle school recently, with the aim of finding a place to enroll Timothy for 8th grade next year. The school actually serves Pre-K through 12th grade, but on 3 separate campuses. The middle school campus holds 7th and 8th grades. There are currently around 130 kids enrolled in those 2 grades.

We think we will be moving ahead with the admissions process. The staff that we met was all very friendly, enthusiastic about the grades they teach, and dedicated to helping the children grow in Christ. Their first goal is to help the students find their identity in Christ, and figure out how everything they learn fits with God's plan and character. The school has many music, art, and sport opportunities, as well as lunch and bus services.

It's so odd to be moving into this next stage of life, where my oldest starts the journey that will lead him through high school and eventually out of my house. I'm unable to comprehend how much he will change and grow in the next 5 years. I'm definitely not at the stage where I can contemplate how my other children will be hard on his heels in the race for adulthood. I am, however, finally beginning to understand empty nest syndrome.

No comments:

Post a Comment

sitemeter