Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Dream Vacation

There was a thread on one of the forums I frequent that asked what everyone's Dream Vacation was. I scrolled through and read some of the standard answers: a mountain retreat, a Caribbean escape, a Mediterranean tour etc. My answer? HOME. ALL TO MYSELF. (well, maybe with my hunny...I do like him an awful lot.)

Ahhh....to have home all to myself: no questions to answer, no nagging to do, no cleaning up other people's messes whilst they are busy making more messes, no running errands with an entourage. I might--just might--actually be able to slow down enough to think. I could have a spare moment to clean up those places that pile up with stuff. I could read! Or quilt...or finish painting the kids' rooms.

It seems that my dreams have come true for this weekend. I have a wonderful mother-in-law who will be taking the kids for the weekend, without my even asking her to! Oh the things I shall do! I'm off to write a list so that I can make best use of my time. (I love lists.)

1 comment:

sitemeter