Sunday, January 4, 2009

My Apologies to Owen Meany Fans...

But I just CAN NOT finish reading this book! When reading a book of 617 pages, one would expect to become somewhat interested in something before the halfway point, right? One of the characters perhaps? Part of the storyline maybe? The writing style? The font?

(can you tell that it isn't often that I actually read 300+ pages of a book and then decide to quit reading it?)

I have officially put A Prayer for Owen Meany (John Irving) away, and will not be picking it up again. It is done for. It is on it's way to paperbackswap.com or the donation pile.

I would love to hear from those of you who have read and enjoyed this book. Tell me what you enjoyed, what you got out of it, anything at all. You needn't be worried you'll spoil the ending for me, since I've no plans on picking it up again. I'm off to something vastly more wonderful--Jane Austen. *sigh*

1 comment:

  1. I couldn't get through Owen Meany either. The more I read of Irving and his predilections for bears, Vienna, prostitutes, odd deaths...you just have to wonder what is going on in that man's head.;-)

    ReplyDelete

sitemeter