Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Progress Reports

This is our first year homeschooling all of our children (it is the 2nd year for our 12 year-old). It is going really well so far. Before restarting lessons after the holidays, we had "Teacher-Student Conferences". Melinda is doing very well across the board. Andrew is doing very well apart from the occasional lapse in positive attitude. It was generally agreed that Timothy needs to put forth more effort, which goes hand-in-hand with me expecting more out of him, I suppose.

Chris and I also had a discussion with Timothy regarding high school. It ended up in a different place than I thought it would, so now I'm in the process of reorganizing my thinking, and researching many things for the next school year. Next year Timothy will be in 8th grade. We began homeschooling him with the idea that we'd homeschool through middle school, and then let him return to a brick and mortar school for high school. Not surprisingly, Timothy has another case of "the grass is greener on the other side"...or in the other school, perhaps. He'd like to return to school next year instead of the year after.

Since we began homeschooling Timothy, we have also started homeschooling the other kiddos. We have also moved, so schooling options are different. What this means for me is that I have less time to get him "caught up" to where I'd like him to be before returning to school. And so, with the planning and panic that entails, I am off running--trying to decide what our plans will actually be, and how we are going to get there.

And that is where I leave it for now. Incoherent ramblings and indecisiveness will no doubt be available on my other blog (that's partly why I made another blog, after all).

No comments:

Post a Comment

sitemeter